A unique course of Arts activities about forces, allowing your students to develop an understanding of balanced and unbalanced forces and their effects.
Combining the topic of Forces with The Arts, your students will take part in activities that will support personal development for years to come. Based at The Conway Centres, Anglesey, this weekend includes a visit to the Anglesey Transport Museum, alongside outdoor activities such as climbing and zip wire which builds confidence and self-esteem whilst inadvertently improving their skills.
Our aim is to foster a sense of achievement where as well as learning about Forces we inspire individuals, empower minds, and define futures through The Arts and develop young people to achieve their potential, introducing them to potential lifelong interest in Art, Drama and Music.
- Learn climbing and belaying skills, including risk assessment & safety awareness.
- Using the advantage of adventure activity and adding in science skills in a way that is unrecognisable from the typical classroom whilst following the science curriculum.
- Independence and self-confidence as they try new activities and get to know each other and their teachers in a different light.
Sample 2-Night Visit
Travel to centre –
En-route visit Anglesey science transport museum
Zip line - Look at a range of different forces: gravity, air resistance,
water resistance & friction. Develop an understanding of balanced
& unbalanced forces & their effects.
|Dance Activity - Body percussion linked to forces
|Opposites session - Push / Pull, levers and cogs, automaton / figurines – using waste materials
|Climbing session – How Pulleys work and how equipment prevents you from falling. Risk assessments and safety awareness.
Group problem solving activity - why unsupported objects fall towards
the Earth because of the force of gravity acting between the Earth and
the falling object
Review of the course
- 2- or 4-nights' accomodation.
- Full board basis
- A trip to Anglesey Transport Museum
All of this from £192.45pp for 2 nights.