Event: Shakespeare GCSE Weekend
A unique course of Arts activities built to your curriculum needs where students will enjoy Art, Drama, Dance and Music activity sessions to bring their learning to life.
We use the amazing North Wales natural environment to host your visit and create a space where there are no distractions and use the time effectively to challenge, motivate and develop the student’s understanding and knowledge of Shakespeare’s Macbeth or Romeo & Juliet. We recognise that Shakespeare is a hugely important part of the GCSE English Literature curriculum and exams, this course supports teachers and students with expert guidance from members of the Rubbish Shakespeare Company, Authors, Higher Education lecturers and Shakespeare experts in dedicated tutorials, masterclasses, activities and Q&A sessions to understand, interpret and gain confidence in the text to increase students’ exam grades.
Our aim is to support schools, teachers and GCSE students in discovering a new sense of understanding and confidence in Shakespeare’s Macbeth or Romeo & Juliet, giving students the best possible opportunity of increasing their grades in their forthcoming exam.
- Take away all the distractions of the normal classroom and home environment for a residential course led by us and supported by experts in Shakespeare to give your students the best possible opportunity to be supported and gain invaluable insights to attain higher grades in their GCSE exam.
- Develop students understanding and knowledge of Shakespeare
- Learners gain additional personal confidence, self-esteem, perseverance, and commitment to the subject.
- For students to enjoy participation in exclusive sessions and activities where they are motivated by Shakespeare experts to achieve their best where they adopt a positive attitude and continually strive to improve and develop.
|Morning||Travel to centre|
Introduction to the Course & Goal setting
Guidance from Official examiners on areas they look for in exams.
Workshop to explore dramatic techniques and skills – ‘ice breaker’ – led by Gav Cross
Performance by The Rubbish Shakespeare Company to present stage techniques and enable students to listen / watch the delivery of text
Carousel of 3 x two-hour workshops;
1. Dramatic exploration of selected scenes or key themes – Gav Cross
2. Dramatic exploration of selected scenes or key themes – Rubbish Shakespeare Co
3. Textual analysis – Emma Bramley Tutor at LIPA
Also: Teacher CPD session with Emma Bramley OR Fight scenes presented to students by the Rubbish Shakespeare Co
Rotation of the morning sessions
Evening Q&A with Shakespeare Expert
Late night movie of Macbeth or Romeo & Juliet with popcorn.
Teachers to work with their own school group on area of their choice
Workshop presenters support by visiting the group – Q&A etc
- 2-nights’ accommodation.
- Full board basis
- Activity sessions with clear learning outcomes to each session.
- Expert guidance from experienced and industry leading Shakespeare experts carefully selected by us.