Activity: Sit on top kayak
Sit on top kayaking is very similar to kayaking, however you do not sit inside, you sit on top of the kayak. It is still independent using a paddle with two blades to power you along. However, there is an element of team cohesion needed as you stay as one group and help each other to develop the skills and confidence required. There is a risk of capsizing and getting wet, therefore a clear safety brief is given alongside appropriate equipment by our highly experienced and qualified staff, though the kayaks are easy to get back on to. We do have the option of 2 or 3 person sit on top kayaks, which encourages great teamwork and communication.
Most sessions take place from our dock on the Menai Strait with fantastic views overlooking Snowdonia. We also have the facility to go to one of the local lakes in Snowdonia.
- Have fun and be inspired to develop a new skill set, which students may want to continue
- Develop confidence in your own ability
- Understand how to assess and manage risk, whilst taking responsibility for oneself
- Gain knowledge of how to work independently as part of a team
- Water safety, awareness and confidence