Anglesey | Delamere | Tattenhall | Burwardsley
Orienteering is an energetic sport, often taught in schools to teach map work on school grounds. At Conway Centre we offer the opportunity to further develop and apply these skills in a new challenging environment for pupils, a real test of their learning and understanding.
The orienteering courses here offer a range of difficulty in varied terrain including buildings, parkland, and woods. The activity involves pupils working in small groups or individually to use map work skills and navigate to certain points to collect answers, this can be in a competitive environment if desired. This activity is perfect to develop awareness of surroundings and learn essential navigation skills, whilst embracing nature and keeping active.
Our experienced tutors adapt orienteering to specifically suit the group and their previous experience.
If choosing to run this activity yourselves at our Delamere centre, we will support and assist your school to gain agreement from Forestry England before your arrival and assist with communication leading up to your residential.
- Awareness of surroundings and the environment
- Practical navigation skills
- Appreciation of health and fitness
- Try hard to succeed at activities they find activities they find challenging
- Recognize achievement of others
- Perseverance and motivation to keep trying when a challenge is presented
- Build independence and raise self esteem