Beeston I Anglesey I Tattenhall
As an independent activity you sit inside your own kayak and use a paddle with two blades to power you along. However, there is an element of team cohesion needed as you stay as one group and help each other to develop the skills and confidence required! Our friendly and experienced staff work very closely with you to ensure pupils feel happy and confident and tailor sessions with a range of games and journeys.
We have a range of different kayaks that are suited to different environments, experiences and ages. For those wanting to really test their skills, we can head to the coast for kayak surfing or explore the coastline in a sea kayak. If building water confidence is an aim then we can use our sturdy sit-on-top kayaks, great for younger pupils or those wanting to develop skills.
The Anglesey coastline offers some of the most inspiring sea kayaking scenery to be found anywhere in the UK. Most sessions take place from our private dock on the Menai Strait, but we also go on wild adventures on rivers anywhere in the UK, with trips extending to the north of Scotland.
- Have fun and be inspired to develop a new skill set, which students may want to continue
- Develop confidence in your own ability
- Understand how to assess and manage risk, whilst taking responsibility for oneself
- Gain knowledge of how to work independently, whilst also being part of a team
- Water safety and awareness