Anglesey I Tattenhall
Canoeing is a fantastic opportunity to explore and journey on the water, building water confidence in a relaxed and social environment. Originating from North America, canoes are large open craft which can seat one, two or three people and are manoeuvred by participants using a single bladed paddle. If required, canoes can be rafted up to create a very stable learning platform.
- Experience working in a team towards a common goal
- Development of communication and cooperation skills
- Encourage young people to step out of their comfort zones and potentially try a new experience
- Develop water confidence
- Transferable life skills
- Appreciate the natural environment and an understanding of how to look after it
- Gain knowledge of water safety and assessing risk
- Inspire young people to want to participate in a new physical activity
- Build self confidence
- Expedition experience developing resilience, confidence and a love for adventure.