Activity: Sailing - Keelboat
This is an amazing activity in which students get to experience a sail on one of our 20-26ft keelboats, with an opportunity to helm and be part of the crew.
We currently have four boats; two J80’s at 26ft long and two Hawks at 20ft long. Each sail boat can accommodate up to 5 or 6 people and one of our highly experienced sailers will guide the way, passing on all their sailing knowledge to the crew. All four boats are very stable, allowing groups of all ages and abilities to participate.
- Be inspired to learn a new skill and maybe join a local sailing club
- Work as part of a team towards a common goal
- Gain an understanding of the theory of sailing
- Develop confidence and self esteem
- Learn about the natural marine wildlife