Activity: Gorge Scrambling
An amazing means of exploring rugged rocky ravines and their flowing streams and icy pools and special environments. Gorge scrambling tackles some of the most spectacular and precious environments in Snowdonia, home to rare plants within the UK. One has to thread a cautious trail, under the supervision of a qualified and experienced tutor, along the smooth slippery river beds, clambering around huge eroded boulders and wade through cold streams and even plunge into deep pools. The day involves some rock climbing techniques and potentially the safety of a rope in places. Perfect for mixed groups who want to be challenged whilst helping others and getting wet. Each member of the group will have plenty of opportunity to push themselves, as far as they feel happy to, as well as encouraging others to do the same.
- Group cooperation through progressive challenges as the day goes on
- Inspired team spirt and personal confidence
- Sense of achievement
- Knowledge of the beautiful natural environment of a river system and scenery
- Assessing and managing risk in a natural environment
- Independence and personally being prepared